Methods to Unbox the Printer
- Before unboxing the printer, first you should be assured that all the components are present into the box and then start taking out the printer from the box
- After that, carefully remove all the printed tapes that applied on the packing substances
- Though, you may also obtain some packing materials inside the scanner lid, so, eliminate them too. After doing that, close the scanner lid carefully
- Remove the left packing material in the ink cartridge area. Now open the paper tray and remove the tapes in the paper tray
- After that, slide the guides out and push the tray in
Methods to Setup HP Printer Officejet 6978
- After unboxing the entire substances from the box, plug the cable in one side of the cord into the back of the printer, and another side to the wall outlet
- Now, turn your printer ON and select “Settings” option
- After that, choose the language, Region and Country, according to you and also do other general settings if necessary that you get prompted to
- Once you select all the desired requirements, touch the “OK” button
- Now insert the ink cartridges by lifting its cover up with the use of cutouts on the sides of your printer
- Glance at the level of ink from the back cover of the cartridge and then install the tri-color cartridge initially
- Now, clean the ink nozzles with the soft dry cloth and slide the cartridges slowly into their respective slots and push it to lock into its place
- Make use of the same process to install the black cartridge as well
- Once the HP cartridges get installed completely, a message box appears on the Control Panel. Hence, tap on “OK” button
- Now, load the stack of paper into the input tray
- After that, you are required to connect the printer to a network either wirelessly or Ethernet or USB
Once the basic printer setup is done, you need to install the printer software either by visiting the link 123.hp.com or by inserting the CD which came with the printer. Follow the instructions prompted on the screen to complete the printer driver downloading and installing process.
What Are the Effective Ways to Download and Install HP Printer Driver?
Printer drivers generally come with the operating system and it tells your system to recognize and communicate with a particular printer. Some can be found through Windows Update. In case, anyone has no CD or DVD, he/she can download the printer driver from the website 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 in a very effort-free manner. The installation steps mentioned in this page are too easy and simple as well. So, you can get the printer driver on your computer hassle-freely and then start printing job.
How to Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Wirelessly?
You can manage the wireless connection to your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer with the use of Wireless Setup Wizard. We will let you know how to make use of this application for establishing the connection wirelessly so that you can print wirelessly from a smart phone, tablet, computer or other wireless-enabled devices. Have a glimpse on the noted lines once:
- First, power the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer ON
- Now, go the printer’s control panel and then click on “Wireless” icon
- Now, press the “Settings” button on the bottom-left of the screen
- From the Settings window, select the Wireless Setup Wizard
- Click OK by scrolling the Wireless Setup Wizard
- If you have already setup the printer, a message stated “Wireless connection has already been setup. Are you sure you want to setup again?” pop-up on the screen
- Tap “Yes” to start setup and for easy setup instruction, click “Continue” to begin the process
- Now, the wizard automatically tries to detect and search the list of available networks
- Check if the name of your network is available. If not, you can however enter the network manually
- Once you find your network, enter the Wireless Network password and complete the connection process
- But if you don’t find the network, then scroll to Enter New Network Name and then click “OK”
- Enter the name and then press OK
- If you are asked, mention the WEP or WPA key
- Click OK to confirm
- Now, after pressing OK button, your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer will successfully connect to your wireless network and then you can hassle-freely print the document wirelessly.
Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Using USB
- First and forecast, you have to download and install HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer software on your PC
- Before installing the software, make sure that the software you are trying to install is compatible with the operating system of your computer as well as printer too
- Now, start making connection with your printer to the computer via USB cable connection. To do so, follow the below steps
- First, plug-in into the HP printer to the power source outlet
- After that, turn-on your printer
- Now, connect the one-end of the USB cable to the computer and another end to the backside of printer
- After doing that, your computer system will detect the printer
- Once it gets, then the printer is now ready to print, scan, copy and fax
Connect HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer Using Wi-Fi
- A wireless 802.11/b/g/n network having a WPS enabled access point or router.
- An operating system device with wireless network connection.
- PC or laptop must be connected to the wireless network with which the printer is connected.
HP wireless printer can easily be connected to the operating system with the use of WPS that stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup. There are basically two modes present in WPS for making connection in between the devices like printer and computer. First mode is “Pushbutton” and the second mode is “PIN”. Here, you can see the connection steps in both modes. Choose whatever you want to go for.
Push Button Method
- Press and hold a couple of second Wireless button to start the WPS button. Now, doing so the wireless light blinks
- Now, press the WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) button on your router
- The printer will take a few minute to establish the wireless connection
- Click on the Start button and then go to the Control Panel
- Now, press the Wireless button to view the menu
- If you come to see the printer in error state, or performing a task, wait a moment until the printer finishes the task and then press the Wireless button
- From the printer’s control panel home screen, choose Settings
- Now, touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup from the list of options present
- If you have a Push button on the wireless router, then click Push Button and then follow the prompted screen
- If not, choose PIN and then follow the prompts displayed on the screen
How to Print Document with HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer?
Once you completely fulfil the HP Officejet Pro 6978 Setup printer process, there would be no obstacle faced when you print the document. The last step is to get the printout without any effort using your HP Officejet Pro 6978 printer. Here, see the steps of taking printout with your printer:
- First open the document in your PC which you want to print
- Now, press “CTRL + P” simultaneously. Doing this will open the print window
- Tap on “Printer Properties”
- Under the properties section, select the settings to print finally
- Change the alignment of the page either ‘Portrait’ or ‘Landscape’ whatever the type of page you want to print. The Duplex printing option can be changed and the margin can be set before printing
- Once you change the settings as per your demand, click on Print to take out the document from printer
There are chances of confronting loads of technical glitches while printing the document. Mostly printer error issues occur due to connectivity problem, using an outdated driver, software is not compatible with computer. Therefore, before trying to print anything, make sure the printer is properly connected to the system, you are using an updated printer driver, and most importantly software you are accessing is compatible with your operating system.
Solve When Printer Is Not Printing Issue
- If the paper gets stuck into the print queue, then cancel all the documents in the queue and reboot the computer. Try to open the same page again one the reboot process done.
- If your printer switches-off suddenly while printing, then an alert message pop-up on the screen. If not even a single message pops-up on the computer screen, then there is a problem with HP software that have installed on PC. Hence, uninstall the software and reinstall it to avoid further hiccups.
- It is important to check all the cable connections before printing and make sure the cables are secure and tight. If any connection is loose, annihilate it with a new cable.
- If the blue light isn’t blinking on Wireless icon, then you should check your printer’s wireless connection. Try printing a Wireless Test Report to identify the problems and make them eradicated with your printer.
- Check if the firewall software installed on your computer is creating the communication problem in between your computer and printer. In that case, disable the firewall temporarily and get set ready to the print job. Switch on the firewall once you get the handout of the pages.
- If your 123.hp.com/ojpro6978 printer is still not responding after performing the above-mentioned steps, then restart the computer and the printer both. Doing this, every common or nasty issue will be exterminated from the root automatically and then you will be able to print the paper without any hindrance.
What to Do When Something Is Missing or Incorrect On Printed Paper?
Here are the following few guidelines which will help you to overcome the issue like something is missing on the printouts. So, stop wandering and keep your eyes feast on the given instructions:
- Check the length of the USB cable that connects both the devices computer and the printer. Sometimes, the high electromagnetic fields generated by the USB, can cause slight distortions and indulge the quality of the printout.
- In such case, take your HP printer device away from the electromagnetic field.
- It is our highly suggestion to use a cable that must be lesser than 3 meters long to minimize the impacts of the electromagnetic field.
Pros and Cons of HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer
Pros of HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer
- Minimal running cost
- Sharp printing
- Wireless Direct
Cons of HP Officejet Pro 6978 Printer
- Having a single paper tray
- Larger in size in compared to inkjet printers
- Quality of picture is not clearly shown
- Tedious driver installation
We are a third party 123.hp.com/setup 6978 service provider always ready to offer the customers’ satisfaction with technical and troubleshooting assistance for the hardware and software problems. The entire attributes and images mentioned on the website are especially designed for informing the helpless users. We disclaim any ownership in or endorsement by third parties unless stated. Download the driver software without any hurdles from visiting the website 123.hp.com/setup 6978.