How to Fix Printer Offline Mac Problem? | Get Back Online
It doesn’t take long to print an image or a document using a high-quality printer. However, Apple users can sometimes encounter the printer offline mac problem. As a result, users cannot get done with their printing tasks. Apple Software Update downloads suitable third-party software and updates automatically for your printing device. It eliminates the requirement to download the software from the website of the manufacturer. If you encounter this problem without any reason, you need to implement certain troubleshooting methods to resolve it. In this long post, you’ll get to know the causes behind an offline printer and the various fixes for it.
What Causes the Printer Offline Mac Problem?
There’s not one but plenty of reasons behind this issue. There can be a problem with the cables, or a corrupt driver might be causing this issue. You might also need to update the driver to fix this issue. Incorrect printer settings or an incomplete print job are other probable causes that you shouldn’t overlook.
Different Fixes to Bring Your Printer out of Offline Status
There are various methods at your disposal when you find your printer is offline mac. You can follow some of these methods for a Windows PC as well.
Make sure that there is a printer to PC connectivity.
1.You need to ensure a good USB printer as well as wireless printer connectivity. For USB printer connectivity, adhere to the instructions given below.
- Switch off your printer. Press the power button on it. Wait for about 5 seconds.
- Unplug that USB cable, which is connected to the back of your printing device.
- Now turn on the printer. You will notice that it is printing all the queued documents. Let this process complete.
- Reconnect the USB cable to the printer. Make sure that your cable is firmly seated on the USB port. If it starts to print, let it finish that before going to the next step.
- Try to print. If the problem does not resolve, find out how you can turn the printer online over a wireless network.
2. For ensuring wireless printer connectivity, follow these steps.
- Turn off and on your printer. If the connection doesn’t come back, then switch on and off the router.
- Unplug the router from the power source. Now, wait for 10 seconds.
- After connecting the router to the power socket, wait till it establishes a connection to the internet. You will notice a light displaying. It indicates connectivity.
- Reboot your PC and let it turn inactive.
- When it starts, click the ‘Apple’ icon.
- Select ‘System Preferences’ and then tap ‘Printers and Scanners.’
- If you find that you are able to choose your device from the list, then it is connected.
Reset your printer
Sometimes, resetting your printing device can also resolve the printer says offline mac problem. To reset the device, follow these steps.
- Make sure that your printer is inactive.
- On switching on the printer, take away the power cord. Also, disconnect it from your power outlet and wait for a minute.
- Reconnect the power cord back into the socket.
- Replug the power cord to the back of your printer.
- If it doesn’t switch, tap the power button.
- After it turns on, try printing.
Remove all other printers from Mac.
If you find many names of the same printing device listed on your system, then you should delete unwanted entries. Only keep those ones which are shown as ‘Idle.’ You can see the idle printer status in green color. After ensuring this, go through the steps listed below.
From ‘Printers and Scanners,’ click open the printers list.
Now, delete the extra entries of the printer. Choose the entries one by one and tap on the minus button. You can see it on the bottom left.
Now, set the idle printer as default.
Try to print a document. Most probably, you’ll find that the printer is offline mac problem is resolved.
Clear the existing print queue. Then re-add your printer
Another great fix for those wondering why is my printer offline mac is to remove the print queue. When you add it back, it generates a new printing session on Mac. Follow the pointers given below for it.
First, make sure that there’s smooth internet connectivity on Mac.
For adding it back, tap ‘+.’
Now select the printer from the new list. Click ‘Add.’
Now tap ‘Use’ or ‘Print Using.’
Select the printer that is available or the option of ‘AirPrint.’
After it appears as idle in the list, try to print again. It will surely resolve the offline problem that is troubling you.
Reconfigure your printing system
Resetting or reconfiguring the printing system is an effective resolution to implement when facing the printer is offline mac problem. For reconfiguring the device, adhere to all the instructions that you see below.
Right-click the blank area in the printer’s list. Next, choose the option of ‘Reset printing system.’ You will notice a prompt for its confirmation. Confirm it.
Now you need to input the username of the administrator’s account. You also need to input the account’s password.
After inputting the username and password, select ‘OK.’
Wait for some time till the process draws to an end. You will find the list is empty.
Now you can add the printer again to the list. Do it as described above.
Lastly, try printing any document that you want to and see if you are able to do it.
This was a handy list of troubleshooting techniques for resolving the printer offline mac problem. Ensure a good USB printer and wireless printer connectivity and reset your device if you cannot solve the issue. Another effective fix is to remove all other printers from Mac and then reconfigure your printing system. Don’t forget that you can seek instant help from the customer care team if you are unable to solve the issue on your own anytime.