HP Printer Printing Blank Pages: How to fix it
Experiencing your HP printer printing blank pages can be a real roadblock, especially when you’re in the thick of critical tasks. This glitch can occur due to many factors, from the technical, like outdated printer drivers and blocked printhead nozzles, to the simple, such as depleted ink cartridges. However, don’t fret! This blog guides you to decode the reasons behind this common issue and provides practical solutions to reinstate your printer’s functionality. So, irrespective of your tech proficiency level, join us as we unravel this printer predicament and restore your printing process to its optimal state. Let’s start with the reasons!
Why is My HP Printer Printing Blank Pages?
Here are some possible reasons why your HP printer prints blank pages:
- Outdated Printer Drivers
- Incorrect Printer Settings
- Empty or Low Ink Cartridges
- Ink Cartridges Not Properly Installed
- Blocked Print Head Nozzle
- Clogged Printhead
- Defective Ink Cartridges
- Incorrect Paper Size
After knowing about the reasons, let’s troubleshoot the issue.
Troubleshoot HP Printer Printing Blank Pages Issue
Go with the following solutions to fix the issue:
Solution 1: Align Printhead
A misaligned printhead in an HP printer can disrupt the correct ink application on paper, resulting in blank pages. Aligning the printhead ensures the ink is properly dispersed. The following are the steps:
- Firstly, open your printer’s software on your computer.
- Secondly, click on ‘Printer Maintenance’ or ‘Tools’.
- Thirdly, select ‘Align Printhead’.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts to align it.
- After completing the process, lastly, print a test page to verify if the issue is resolved.
Solution 2: Look for Paper Jams
Paper jams can disrupt the printing process of your HP printer, potentially leading to blank pages. Checking for and removing jammed paper can reestablish smooth paper flow and printing operation. Go with the following:
- Turn off your printer.
- Open all printer access doors.
- Inspect and gently remove any jammed paper.
- Once clear, close the printer access doors.
- Turn the printer back on.
- Print a test page.
Solution 3: Update the Printer Driver
Printer drivers form the crucial bridge between your computer and printer. Outdated drivers might fail to interpret print commands correctly, resulting in HP printer printing blank pages. An update fixes known issues, enhancing communication efficiency and thus resolving the blank pages problem. The following are the steps:
- Begin with visiting the official HP website.
- Then, navigate to the ‘Support’ section and select ‘Software & Drivers’.
- After that, enter your printer model number and click ‘Submit’.
- Now, download the latest driver available for your printer model and operating system.
- Run the downloaded file and then go with the on-screen directions to conclude the installation.
- Lastly, restart your computer and printer for the changes to take effect.
Solution 4: Correct Printer Settings
Incorrect printer settings may cause your HP printer printing blank pages issues. These settings include the wrong paper size, incorrect print mode, or improperly configured print quality settings. Adjusting these to their correct specifications can eliminate the issue. The following are the steps:
- Open your document and click ‘File’ > ‘Print’.
- Select your HP printer from the list.
- Click ‘Printer Properties’ or ‘Preferences’.
- Review settings like paper size, print quality, and print mode. Correct any discrepancies.
- Click ‘OK’ to save changes.
- Attempt to print your document again.
Solution 5: Check Empty or Low Ink Cartridges
Empty or low ink cartridges are a common reason for HP printer printing blank pages. The printer can’t transfer ink to paper if cartridges are depleted. Checking and replacing low or empty cartridges can solve this issue. Go with the following means:
- Open the HP printer software.
- Select ‘Estimated Ink Levels’.
- If any cartridge shows low or empty, replace it.
- Open the printer cover, remove the old cartridge, and insert the new one.
- Close the printer cover.
- Lastly, try printing again.
Read Also:- HP Printer Not Printing Color
Solution 6: Check for Bloack Print Nozzles
Blocked print head nozzles in an HP printer can impede the ink flow to the paper, producing blank pages. Unblocking these nozzles can enable the ink to flow correctly, resolving the HP printer printing blank pages issue. The following are the steps:
- Firstly, launch your printer’s software on your computer.
- Secondly, navigate to ‘Tools’ or ‘Printer Maintenance’.
- Now, select ‘Clean Nozzles’.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts to initiate the cleaning process.
- After completing the process, print a test page to check if the issue is resolved. If not, follow the next solution.
Solution 7: Clean Printhead
A clogged printhead can hinder the flow of ink onto the paper, causing your HP printer printing blank pages. Cleaning the printhead can resolve this issue. Following are the manual and automatic processes:
- Open your printer to access the printhead.
- Remove the printhead carefully according to your printer model’s instructions.
- Use a soft, lint-free cloth dampened with distilled water to clean the printhead gently.
- Let the printhead air dry for 10 minutes.
- Reinsert the printhead and cartridges.
- Run a printhead cleaning cycle via your printer software and print a test page to check.
- Access your printer’s software on your computer.
- Navigate to ‘Printer Maintenance’ or ‘Tools’.
- Click on ‘Clean Printhead’.
- After that, follow the on-screen prompts to start the cleaning process.
- After completing the process, lastly, print a test page to verify if the issue is resolved. Repeat if necessary.
Solution 8: Check Print Preview
Checking the print preview before printing can help spot issues, like the HP printer printing blank pages before they occur. It lets you ensure the document is formatted correctly and ready to print. Go with the following:
- Open the document you want to print.
- Click on ‘File’, then select ‘Print Preview’.
- Review the preview. If pages appear blank, correct the document formatting.
- Once the preview shows correctly, select ‘Print’.
- If the document still prints blank pages despite a correct preview, further printer troubleshooting may be required.
Solution 9: Reset the Printer
Resetting your HP printer can help resolve numerous issues, including the HP printer not printing or printing blank pages. It clears any error states by restoring the printer to its default settings. Reset with the following means:
- Begin with turning on your printer if it isn’t already.
- While the printer is on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Now, unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and wait for 60 seconds.
- After that, plug the power cord back into the wall and the printer.
- Lastly, turn the printer on and print a test page to verify if the issue is resolved.
An HP printer printing blank pages issues can be frustrating, especially when trying to get critical work done. With the above troubleshooting steps, you’ll likely find the source of the problem and correct it. However, if you face any HP printer problems, our Experts are here to help you. Contact Us!