How To Fix HP Printer Not Printing Color Problem?
HP Printers are widely being used in many organizations for high-quality printing solutions in respective time duration. However, like other technical devices, issues cannot be avoided no matter how your printer is reliable and error-free. Among all printing issues, HP Printer Not Printing Color is the one common problem that many users come across. Even though it is hard to identify its actual cause, it can be fixed within a couple of seconds. However, there is a high possibility of having a color cartridge empty for which your printer doesn’t print color. Don’t feel blue! We have gathered a collective amount of solving methods in this blog post. So, continue reading carefully to grab relevant guidance.
What Triggers HP Printer Not Printing Color?
Many of you may wonder to know Why Is My HP Printer Not Printing In Color. So, here we have come up with the most feasible causes that could lead you to confront not printing color. Give a brief glance at the below-noted points:
- Color ink cartridge is empty or below the mark.
- Clogged Printhead can also be the one possible reason for HP Printer Not Printing In Color.
- Color ink settings are probably not adjusted accurately.
- Inappropriate placement of cartridge could also result in the printer not printing in color issue.
- When the printer drivers got outdated.
- When using unauthentic HP ink cartridges, then also you can’t take the printout in color.
- Maybe the color ink is smeared on the back of the printer.
Nothing can be nastier than receiving the low-quality or literally unexpected quality of printed documents. Thus, when facing HP Printer Not Printing Color problem during the printing function, it can be dreadful. Luckily, there are various solutions you can try to get rid of this problem. The set of proactive troubleshooting steps in this post should effectively help you with the color ink not printing problems.
Impactful Directives To Fix HP Printer Not Printing Color Problem
Implement the one-by-one solving tips in the below-given sequence until the printer starts printing in color. Let’s try out proactively:
Fixes 1: Clean The Printhead
The Printhead is considered the most important factor in the printing process because it applies ink to the paper and creates presentable text. Thus, if your HP Printer Not Printing Color Ink, check and clean the Printhead. Here’s the entire procedure to do so:
- Click the “Windows Start” button and search for “Control Panel.”
- Now, click the “Drivers and Printers” tab.
- Now, once landed on the next page, look for the icon of your printer. After finding the same, give a right-click on it and select the “Properties” option.
- In the new windowpane that appears, click “Hardware” and then hit a click on the “Clean Ink” option.
- Follow the on-screen prompted directions carefully to clean the Printhead.
- In the end, click the “OK” button.
- Finally, the areas of your printer is been cleaned in the Printhead. Now, color ink will probably build up while you print documents.
If yet the HP Printer Not Printing Color, move to the next fixes.
Fixes 2: Enable The Printer Color Command
If the printing color is not enabled, you won’t print in color. Thus, check and ensure the HP Printer color command is enabled. The simple course of actions is provided beneath:
- From the Start menu, click on the “Settings” app.
- Now, under the “Settings” section, click on the “Devices and printers” tab.
- Afterward, put a right-click on your printing system icon and then select the “Printer properties” option.
- Now, from the properties page, give a click on the “Printing preferences” tab.
- Thereafter, place a tap on the “Paper/Quality” tab and opt for the “Color” option.
- Then, click “OK” and exit from the Properties page.
- Perform a print test to check whether you receive a color print of your choice or not.
- Alternatively, you can fix the HP Printer Not Printing Colorproblem by checking the “Grayscale” printing option.
Fixes 3: Make Sure HP Color Cartridge Is Not Falling Short Of Ink
Due to the lack of color ink in the cartridge, your HP Printer won’t print in color. Therefore, perform a visual check and replace the color ink cartridges if required. To visually inspect and replace the cartridge, follow the beneath guided instructions:
- First of all, slightly open the front cover of the HP printer and check the ink level.
- If the ink is low or empty, install a new genuine HP ink cartridge.
- If the cartridge is full and the colors from the HP printer are not printing correctly, check the expiry date of the ink. Expired inks definitely create trouble in printing because they tend to dry out and trip.
- If the cartridge has expired, install a new one and continue the printing process to confirm the printer is now printing in color.
Fixes 4: Align The HP Printer PrintHead
If still HP Printer Not Printing Color Ink After Refill, align the print head to solve this problem. Here’s what to implement:
- Before using the printer, make sure the alignment process is completely done.
- Load the A-4 sized plain white paper into the Input tray.
- Adjust the loaded paper until the paper width guide touches the edge of the paper.
- Now, open “Control Panel” and then, go to the “Printers Option”
- Afterward, open the “Tools” or “Printers Maintenance” menu and select the option to align the print heads or cartridges.
This is how you will align your printer print head and get the colored printouts.
Fixes 5: Update The HP Printer Driver
Go through the below-noted intuitive guidelines to update the driver and fix the HP Printer Not Printing Color issue:
- Press the “Windows logo” + “R” keys simultaneously to evoke the “Run” dialog box.
- Now, enter “devmgmt.msc” in the dialog box.
- The Device Management Windows will open.
- On that windowpane, simply click the arrow to expand the “Print Queue” or “Printers” category.
- Give a right-click on the icon of the HP Printer and select “Change Drivers” from the given-list.
- Now, click the “Search” tab for updated driver software.
- If the driver is already updated, you will see the message “The best driver software for your device is already installed.”
- In such a scenario, you are not required to update the HP printer driver.
- After resetting the printer, restart your connected computer to see if the modifications are completely done.
Now, you can try printing documents in color with the HP Printer.
Also read:-HP Printer Not Printing Black
For More Help, Dial the 24/7 Online HP Printer Support Number
We hope that your HP Printer Not Printing Color problem gets solved from the root. If none of the abovementioned solving methods has sorted out your problem, don’t panic! The qualified tech specialists are actively present at the toll-free helpline number. Just try to connect with them via dialing the given number and address your issues to them. Within a limited time period, the printer will start printing in color.