How can I fix the HP printer offline Mac error?
If you are getting an HP printer offline Mac error on your device, then you are not alone. Many HP printer users face trouble in printing the document from their Mac computer after the setup as the device appears offline. There could be numerous reasons due to which you may encounter this error on your computer. In this guide, we are going to provide you with easy instructions that will help you to resolve the HP printer offline Mac problem on the device. So if your HP printer is not responding on your Mac computer, keep reading the post and proceed with the simple troubleshooting steps to fix the error.
Why is my HP printer offline on Mac?
HP printers are one of the best printing devices available in the market. Although, just like any other printer, you can encounter technical troubles on HP from time to time. One common issue is that the HP printer keeps going offline Mac. There could be numerous reasons due to which the device may go offline like poor internet connection, incorrect printer settings, paper jam error, and more.
The following steps can help you to know why your HP printer goes offline on a Mac computer.
- Check if your printing device is properly connected to the power outlet.
- Check for the printer status offline notification.
- If you have connected the device using Bluetooth check for the connection.
- Check the internet connection.
- Check if you have installed the latest printer drivers and operating system.
Troubleshooting steps to fix HP printer offline Mac error.
The following guidelines will help you to fix the HP printer offline Mac error on your device.
Check the printer connection
- Sometimes the HP printer keeps going offline Mac due to connectivity problems. So if you are unable to take the printouts, you need to check the internet connection.
- USB connection
- Turn off your HP printer, and wait for a few seconds.
- After this, unplug the USB cable connected to your device.
- Plugin the cable again and turn on the device.
- Take the printout to make sure everything is working fine.
Check the network connection
- Restart your HP printer and computer.
- After this, wait for a few seconds and check your network connection.
- On your Mac computer, click on the Apple icon, and go to the ‘System Preferences’.
- From your printer list, click on the printer and scanner option.
- Click on the HP printer, and print the queue option.
Check if your HP printer is in a ready state.
To fix the HP printer offline Mac error, you need to bring your printer to the online mode from the offline mode. To do so, you can use the printer Diagnostic tool. Here are the step-by-step guidelines you can follow for the task.
- Check your HP printer, if your device is turned off or in sleep mode, you need to press the power button to turn on the device.
- Check and make sure that you have properly inserted the printing paper in the input tray. Also, the toner and Ink cartridges must be properly installed. There should be no error blinking lights on the printer control panel.
- Restart your HP printer, wait until the documents are all set for printing.
- Send a print job.
Also read:-printer offline mac
Reset the print system
If your HP printer keeps going offline Mac, you can reset the print system to troubleshoot the error. For this, you need to remove the HP printer, print jobs, and print preferences from the device.
- On your Mac computer, click on the Apple menu.
- Go to the ‘ system and preferences’ section.
- Click on the ‘ print, fax, and scan’ option.
- Right-click on your printer window.
- From here, hit the ‘ reset printing system’ option.
- In the confirmation window, click on the reset button.
- After this, you need to enter the name and password of the administrator, and hit the ok button.
Once the reset process is completed, you can again add your printer to the list for printing the documents.
Restart your printer
Sometimes a simple restart is all that the user needs to fix the HP printer offline Mac error. To do so, consider the following troubleshooting guidelines.
- Turn off your HP printer.
- Wait for at least 10 seconds.
- After this, you need to disconnect the device from the power cord.
- Now, turn off your computer, or the other device you are using for printing the documents.
- Wait for a minute, reconnect the printer to a power outlet. Turn on the printer.
- Disconnect the power cord from the router, and wait for a few seconds. Connect the cord again.
- Turn on your computer.
- Your device is all set to establish a successful connection.
Check the drivers and operating system.
Many times, the HP printer offline Mac error does not occur due to connectivity issues, but the driver and operating system. It is important for you to check and make sure that you are using the updated printer driver, and you have installed the latest version of the operating system on your device that can be compatible with your HP printer. If the drivers are not up to date, you can simply visit the HP official website and download the latest version of printer drivers for your device. Check the manufacturer’s website to know about the compatible operating system information. This will help you to troubleshoot the problem and continue printing the documents with your HP device.
The bottom line.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned instructions will help you to fix the HP printer offline Mac error on your device. The provided instructions are easy to follow, and let you troubleshoot the issue in no time. But if you are still unable to fix the error and your HP printer appears offline, not letting you print the document, do not hesitate to contact the experts for professional assistance. The printer support team is available around the clock to help and provide you with the best possible solution to fix the issue immediately. You can contact the experts by calling the toll-free number, sending an email, or communicating through live chat support; they will provide you instant assistance for troubleshooting the error quickly.