Find the WPS Pin HP Printer – The Complete Setup Process
When HP printer users need to connect their printing devices to Windows 10, they receive a prompt. This prompt asks them to input the WPS pin present on their HP printer. This pin enables their HP printing device to link to a wireless network. HP Printer utilizes the WPS technology to link with wireless classes. WPS is quicker and safe. It also has greater security than a USB connection. But to create a good connection with any device, there’s a need to locate the WPS pin HP printer. You can utilize this HP printer technology by just linking the wireless printer. You can do it via the help of a WPS pin code to the device either through your wireless router or wired network and start printing documents.
What Is WPS Pin on an HP Printer?
WPS pin HP on printer refers to Wi-Fi Protected Setup. Essentially, this pin is a number that is eight digits long. It is generated by an HP printing device for the purpose of wireless connection with the routers. Technically, it is a network security standard. This network security standard is wireless, and it supports making connections between wireless devices and routers speedier and seamless.
Note that WPS can function for only those wireless networks that utilize a password. The password should also be encrypted with the WPA2 personnel.
It can also work for those wireless networks whose password is encrypted with WPS personal security protocols. The button of WPS makes the connection process a lot easier.
How to Locate WPS Pin HP Printer?
The most common question that printer users ask is where is the WPS pin on my printer? In a majority of HP printing devices, you can find a WPS pin present on the screen of the printer. Some of the major examples of HP printer models where WPS pin is present on the screen are HP Officejet 4650 and HP Envy 4520. Just by looking at the screen, you will find the WPS pin on it.
However, some HP printer models do not come with a screen. These include the HP Desktop printer series. If you are using an HP printer of this series, you must know how to find a WPS pin for the printer. To understand it, you must know about the two different connection types for non-screen and screen printers. They are explained in the subsequent sections.
Kinds of WPS Connections for HP Printer
You will find two WPS options for every HP printer to link the printing device wirelessly. These two options are:
- WPS Push button – It is for non-screen HP printers.
- WPS Pin – It is for screen-enabled HP printers
Steps to link HP printing device via WPS Push button
To connect your HP printer through the WPS Push button, navigate to the printer’s Control Panel. Below you can find the instructions to connect non-screen and HP printers with a screen using the WPS Push-button.
1. Connect non-screen HP printer via WPS Push button
- After going to the Control Panel, hit the button of ‘Settings’ or ‘Wireless.’ You’ll see that a blue light starts to blink.
- Navigate to the ‘Wi-Fi Protected Setup’ option. Then, adhere to the guidelines that you see on the screen of the printer.
- Now, choose the ‘WPS Button’ option. When you select this option, the printer will prompt you to hit the ‘WPS Button the Wireless Router.’
- After you hit the WPS button present on the router, go to the printer. Tap ‘Continue’ for a wireless connection. The connection is now established, and your printer is ready to be used by you.
Also Read:-HP Printer Software
2. Connect HP printer with the screen via WPS Push button
- First, ensure that your printer is switched on. Only then start to implement the next step.
- Head over to the ‘Control Panel’ of your HP printer. You can also go to the screen and hit the ‘Wireless’ button.
- You will notice the wireless blue light beginning to blink.
- Look at the screen of the HP printer. There you will see the option of ‘Wi-Fi Protected Setup.’
- Move to ‘Wi-Fi Protected Setup’ and choose the ‘Push Button.’
- After you do that, go to the wireless router.
- At the rear or back part of your router, you can locate a WPS button.
- Now press and hold this button for around three to four seconds.
- You will notice the WPS light beginning to blink on the router.
- Now, wait for around three minutes. After three minutes, you will find that both the lights on the router as well as the printer stop blinking.
- When you look at the printer screen, you will find the ‘Connection Established’ message. It means that your HP printer is linked with the wireless network via the WPS button.
Steps to link HP printing device through the WPS Pin
To link your HP printer via WPS pin, navigate to the Control Panel of your printer. Press the Wireless button and navigate to ‘Settings.’ Now, follow the steps below.
- Tap on the ‘Wi-Fi Protected Setup.’
- Then, adhere to the prompts that you see on your screen.
- You will now be prompted to the WPS pin on the HP printer.
- Click on this pin. When you tap on it, you will see the WPS pin getting displayed on the screen.
- Now, access the ‘Configuration Utility.’ Alternatively, you can also access the wireless router or the software for the wireless access point.
- Next, you need to type in the WPS pin.
- After the setup completes, open the printer folder in ‘All Programs.’
- Navigate to the ‘Printer Setup and Software.’
- Select the ‘Connect a New Printer’ option.
- Now, you can quickly start the installation of the Network Printer Driver.
- That’s it. You will see the WPS pin generated, and your HP printer will connect wirelessly with your Windows 10 system.
Now you know how to locate the WPS pin HP printer with a screen and without it. You can follow the steps and connect your printing device with the WPS technology. If you face any issues following the steps, contact expert HP customer support services. The technical experts will resolve all your doubts about finding and generating the WPS pin.