Struggling to connect your Chromebook with your HP wireless printer? Here you’ll find answers to all your queries. When you buy a new HP printer whether it is a wireless printer or wired, all the drivers needed for a successful setup are found on 123.hp.com/setup.
In this blog, we will walk you through the complete setup procedure of the HP wireless printer on a Chromebook. You can also refer to this guide to connect your Chromebook with any printer of any other brand.
Connecting a Chromebook to any printer machine is as simple as connecting a Smartphone to the printer. You don’t need any software or driver and just connect your printer directly with your Chromebook.
In case, you are experiencing some issues or errors with your HP Printer setup, then also you can visit 123.hp.com/setup. Besides, you can also reach 123.hp.com/setup experts for assistance anytime during the day and let us take over your issue instead.
So now without wasting any time, let’s get started.
Steps To Connect Your Chromebook With HP Printer
Before you get started with the setup, we suggest you connect your HP Wireless Printer with the same WiFi as your printer device. To ease the process of the HP wireless printer setup, you can download HP Printer Assistant and let it do the heavy work for you.
Connect Chromebook To WiFi
To get started with you need to connect both your HP printer and the Chromebook with the same WiFi connection. If your Chromebook is already connected to a WiFi then you can skip this step and directly connect your HP printer to the same wireless network.
- First of all, click on the time shown on the bottom right corner of your Chromebook
- To connect your Chromebook with WiFi, click on the “Not Connected” option. Note that if you are already connected to a different WiFi network, you need to first disconnect your Chromebook from there.
- You will then see the list of available WiFi connections nearby.
- Click on the WiFi to that you want to connect to your device and then verify its password.
- At last, hit the Connect option. If you have entered the correct password and if your WiFi is working properly, your Chromebook will get connected to it instantly.
In case you can’t connect your printer to your WiFi, follow the steps once again but this time more carefully. You can try restarting your WiFi modem and printer to fix any temporary issue. Make sure your WiFi is in working condition, if it’s slow, switch to another WiFi.
Connect Your HP Wireless Printer To WiFi
After connecting your Chromebook to your desired WiFi, it is time to connect your HP wireless printer. Don’t worry! It’s as easy as ABC and you can do it in minutes after using the steps below:
- On your printer, select the Control Panel menu and hit the WiFi icon.
- Alternatively, you can also press the WiFi button, if there’s one on your printer machine.
- HP printer will look for nearby available WiFi networks after which you can choose your WiFi network name.
- After that enter your WiFi password and that’s it.
Once, you are done with the above steps, continue further, and add your HP printer to your Chromebook.
Add HP Printer To Your Chromebook
Now that both your devices are connected to the same Wireless network, you can add your printer to your Chromebook and get started with printing.
- Start with selecting the click icon on your Chromebook and then go to Settings.
- In Settings, write Print in the search box.
- Click on the Printers option from the search results and then click on the Add Printer option.
- You will now see a list of available printers on your screen from which you need to select your HP wireless printer model.
- At last, hit the Add button and you are all set to print and scan.
The best part about using a printer on Chromebook is that it is as simple as any smartphone. You don’t need to install any printer drivers specifically. However, to ease your pain, you can install the HP printer assistant or any other printer utility that goes well with your printer device. This way you can easily print from your devices and not only that but also troubleshoot any issues that arise with printer machines.
We hope you have successfully connected your HP Printer with your Chromebook and are readily printing with it. However, if you experience any issue and need assistance, feel free to reach us for help. You can give us a call at 123.hp.com/setup Printer helpline or chat with us online anytime.