If you have recently purchased a new HP wireless printer, but have no idea about HP wireless printer setup, then this post can help you. Setting up the printer over a wireless network provides you with the privilege of printing documents wirelessly anytime from any place you want using a device that supports Wi-Fi printing. Although it is not easy for everyone to set up the printer, it is still achievable with some simple instructions. In this post, we are sharing the simple guidelines that will help you with HP printer wireless setup on your device. So, let’s proceed next and get to know about the simple steps.
How to set up an HP wireless printer?
There are multiple ways of setting up HP wireless printers. However, you do not need to try all of them; just go with the one that fits best for your needs, and enjoy the seamless Wi-Fi printing experience.
Setup HP Wireless Printer With HP Auto Wireless Connect Method
Many new HP printer models can connect automatically to the Wi-Fi network. Yes! a user does not need to rely upon the cables anymore or enter the Wi-Fi network settings. However, if you want to use this method, you must be using the latest HP printer model and your computer must meet the following requirement.
You must have:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10 version installed on the computer.
- The system uses a Wi-Fi connection to your network and must be able to control the Wi-Fi adapter.
The dynamic IP address for the computer.
Here are the step-by-step setup instructions to follow:
Open any preferred web browser on your computer and visit HP printer official website.
From here, you have to download the printer driver in software for your computer. Make sure that you correctly identify your printer, if you are unable to do so, contact the printer customer service team.
- Once downloaded, run the software.
- After this, turn on your printer.
- Proceed with the onscreen instructions on your computer unless you are prompted to ” Connection Type”.
- After this, choose the “Wireless” option. Hit the “Yes” button.
- Send the “Wi-Fi settings” to the printer. This may vary as per the operating system and printer model you are using.
- Proceed with the onscreen instructions and complete HP wireless printer setup for your device.
So, these are some simple steps that can help you with the printer setup using HP Auto Wireless Connect Method.
HP printer wireless setup with Wi-Fi setup wizard
For this method, you need to run the printer control panel. So, if your device does not support the touch display, you cannot use this method.
To set up your printer with a Wi-Fi setup wizard, follow the steps below:
- On your printer, Tap on the Wi-Fi icon.
- Go to the ” network” menu.
- Choose “Wireless Settings” and after that click on the “Wi-Fi Setup Wizard”.
- Access to settings may vary according to the printer model. If you are unable to find the settings, contact the printer customer service provider.
- Proceed with the on-screen guidelines.
- In the next step, choose the Wi-Fi network name and click on the Next button.
- If the network name is not appearing, scroll down and type the full network name to find it.
- Type the password for the Wi-Fi network.
- Hit the “Ok” button and confirm the settings.
With these simple steps, you can set up the printer using the Wi-Fi setup wizard method. Now let’s move to the next part and learn how you can set up the HP printer with Wi-Fi protected setup.
WiFi Protected Setup ( WPS Method)
If you want to use this method, then your printer must support the WPS push button mode. Also, your Wi-Fi router must have the physical ” WPS Push” button.
- Turn on your printer.
- Start the “WPS Push button” mode on it.
- The different HP printer models will have different ways to start WPS mode. You can refer to the user manual to get exact instructions.
- Within 2 minutes, you have to press the WPS button on your Wi-Fi router.
The printer will set up now and you are ready to print the documents wirelessly.
HP Printer: Windows Setup
To proceed with this HP printer setup method, follow the steps below:
- Press the ” Windows + I” key together using the keyboard.
- Go to the ” Devices” section.
- Turn on your printer, and open the “network” menu.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network name on your HP printer and after that type the password to get connected to Wi-Fi.
- Get back to your PC, and go to the “printer and scanner” section.
- Click on the “+” button.
- From the results appearing on your screen, choose your printer and click on the ” Add Device” option.
You are all set to print the documents with your HP printer!
HP wireless printer setup with USB connection
This method is applicable to different models without a display. To set up your HP printer over the Wi-Fi network using a USB cable, follow the steps below:
- Turn on your printer.
- Connect your printer and computer using the USB cable.
- Visit the HP printer official website and download the printer software for your device.
- Run the software to install it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
So, these are some easy methods that can help you with HP printer setup on your computer. Follow the steps carefully, and get ready to print the documents wirelessly.
Unable to connect the printer to the Wi-Fi? Here is what you need to do:
There could be a number of reasons due to which you may not be able to connect your printer to the Wi-Fi network. Here are the simple troubleshooting steps that can help you to resolve this issue:
- Check and make sure that your printer and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi.
- Enter the correct Wi-Fi password to get connected.
- Check the drivers, if an update is required download the update manually.
- Restart your printer and computer, after that, it connects it to the Wi-Fi again.
Hopefully, these steps help you to successfully complete the HP printer setup for your device. But, if you are still having trouble setting up your printer, contact the HP printer customer service team and get expert advice to fix the problem. The printer professionals are available round the clock to help, so you can contact them anytime according to your convenience and comfort.