Everything you need to know about HP JumpStart
Wondering what is HP Jumpstart and how it is useful? Well! Here it is. HP Jumpstart is an app that comes installed with HP PCs, laptops, notebooks, and more. It allows you to complete HP registration, McAfee registration, HP Dropbox offer activation. It is very simple to use.
It is used to configure setup including add ons which will eventually improve your computing experience. It also helps users get a smooth printing job with HP printing devices. The launch usually walks you through HP Registration, McAfee registration, HP Dropbox offers activation, and HP Concierge screen in the same order. HP Jumpstart also provides access to routine updates and information about new services and products. It will help you to customize your experience.
You can personalize your desktop with this and can also access various free products available like Dropbox, McAfee Plus. It is simple to launch HP Jumpstart with just a few steps. It is not compulsory to have the HP Jumpstart on your computer as it consumes a lot of space.
How to start HP Jumpstart?
Now, that the introduction seems intriguing and helpful to you, here is how you can begin with the HP jumpstart launch.
- Click on the Windows icon on the bottom left of the screen, on the Start Menu.
- Search for HP Jumpstart, click on that. Now it opens a welcome screen and follows through the introductory session.
- Registration: When the HP registration screen displays enter your details like email id, first name, last name, country, etc to start using it. You can click on the “Register” button or choose to “Skip”
- Dropbox account: The next screen is to create a Dropbox account. You can do so by entering the details or even choose to skip it.
- McAfee Screen: Then the McAfee Screen will appear. You can register here for McAfee security products. Now, you have two options, you can choose to skip it or sign up with your email id for McAfee registration.
- Then the “App” Screen will appear. Even for this, you can register by providing details or choose to skip it. Here select all the apps you wish to install at once and click on the ‘Continue & Install’ button. Select and install your favorite apps. Click OK on the Apps Installing window. These downloaded apps show on your desktop when the download is complete.
- Then the Concierge screen will appear. This will help you see the app install status. You can see it by clicking on the “Download” option in the upper left corner of your screen. The App Install Status screen displays the download status. Click Done in the lower-right corner of the screen to return to the Concierge screen and then click on done. This screen is best suited to help you create a personal space on your system. It shares simplified tips and tricks to make the work easier and increase efficiency.One-touch speaker and microphone controlGet extra support with SmartFriendSee how to change your lock screen image
8. To install more apps, click on the ‘Get More Apps’ option in the upper-left corner. Scroll down to see the additional apps and click Continue & Install. Then click OK to continue the installation. Else, click on the ‘Continue’ button to go to the Concierge screen.
9. If you want to skip this now, click ‘Thanks, I’ll come back later in the lower-right corner.
10. In the exit screen, click ‘Ok, Got it!’ to close the app.
How to Remove HP Jumpstart?
A lot of users usually remove HP Jumpstart to get some free storage available. You can also remove HP Jumpstart so as to provide more storage.
Steps to remove HP Jumpstart:
- Click on the windows icon on the left bottom of your screen, click on the control panel
- Search for HP Jumpstart Launch, then you can click on the ‘Uninstall’ button or ‘Remove’ or ‘Change/Remove’ tab.
- Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you the time it will take to remove the program.
What is the HP Jumpstart bridge?
The HP jumpstart bridge is the program that runs in the background of your laptop or computer and investigates which apps might be useful for you to give you a personalized experience. Applications like Registration, HP Dropbox, McAfee are part of such investigations. You can also schedule a particular time to start HP Jumpstart Bridge using the service manager.
What are HP Jumpstart apps?
HP Jumpstart launch usually walks you through the registration of HP and activates offer installations like McAfee offer activation, DropBox offer, and install apps on the concierge screen.
Free Access to DropBox
Dropbox is a file hosting service offering storage of files, continuous synchronization of data to assure security using cloud storage. This reduces the need to share bulky files via email. All you need is to share simple links for the transfer of files.
It offers a free plan that includes a free storage space of 2 GB. You can store and share files, collaborate on projects. It ensures that your data is backed up on the cloud in real-time for easy accessibility. HP Offers a promotion plan for Dropbox. This promotion plan is for a single Dropbox personal plan account to receive additional storage space for a fixed period of time in addition to the storage space that dropbox offers for users with free accounts.
Free Access to McAfee Antivirus
McAfee provides a good antivirus program and works really well on Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS. McAfee provides a full range of security products such as antivirus, firewall, and anti-spyware programs. The McAfee LiveSafe service on HP is a full-featured trial that protects your data, identity, and all your devices.
Procedure to Remove HP Jumpstart apps?
Though HP Jumpstart is a beneficial app for HP users still in case you are facing any issue with the HP Jumpstart launch, here is how you can remove it.
- On the start menu, click the control panel and then under Programs, click on Uninstall a Program or Add or Remove Programs.
- When you find the HP Jumpstart apps, click it and then click on Uninstall or click on Remove or
- Change/Remove tab
- Follow the prompts.
Need Help? Connect with Reliable HP Support Available 24*7
After reading this blog you must be having endless questions about HP jumpstart and apps associated with it. Connect with our expert HP support technical team on 123.hp.com/setup any time of the day and get your queries answered.